Hard Work, Hurt Eyes, For an Awesome Ending

In this Digital Humanities course there is a lot of room for improvement. You start out as a foreigner to this subject and as time progresses you become somewhat of a master. Its more of a timing process. This is not something that is suppose to be mastered off the first try. This is why I appreciate the revisions that we had the chance to do.

image1

Tarltons Jests was a very enjoyable text to translate. It came with its negatives but it became easier as time went on. I never once would’ve thought that I would be transcribing a text that in my eyes at the beginning of this process as pointless. Many thoughts wandered through my head, “What type of madness is this”, “Do I really care about this”, “Why is this Tarlton guy such a horrible and retarded writer”. From the start of this project I was in discontent with the work the work that had to be done. This was a result from me having a great start with the first paragraph then leading to me not understanding whether a letter was a s or f. This by far was the greatest obstacle yet. One letter could change a entire sentence and have it all messed up.

This project became very clear after a while that it gets easier as time goes on. Perfect practice makes perfect and that it could not just be rushed. I really liked how the text comes together and each page compliments the next. It was a great way for the class to become dependent upon one another and to improve our group work.

I really look forwasrd to expanding my horizon in this class and I hope to master this type of transcribing. I also look forward to digging deeper into other challenging and less legible text. I really enjoyed this project.

So long readers, until next time!

image2